- Linden Hall is a leading college preparatory school for girls in grades 6-12.
- Founded in 1746, it is the oldest boarding school for girls in the United States, and has no religious affiliation.
- It is located in Lititz, Pennsylvania, a safe and charming village with easy access to Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., and New York City.
- Linden Hall enrolls 220 girls from 32 countries and 16 states, 40% international, with a student-faculty ratio of 6:1 and an average class size of 10.
- Special programs include Equestrian, Engineering, Public Speaking, Aviation, the Arts, and ESL.
- Campus life includes the annual Gretna Day, Holiday Vespers concert, Lunar New Year celebration, Blue and White Week, and International Week, as well as weekend activities and community service.
- The average AP test score at Linden Hall is 4.3 and the middle 50% score range on the new SAT for the Class of 2017 was 1380-1500.
- Linden Hall students have recently been accepted to top-ranked higher education institutions such as: Harvard, Yale, University of Pennsylvania, University of Chicago, Carnegie Mellon, Bryn Mawr, Swarthmore, Duke, Johns Hopkins and Princeton.
Engineering, Public Speaking, Equestrian Program, Aviation Program, Oldest Girls’ Boarding School in the U.S.
Barbara Mistick '73, President of Wilson College
Heather Wilson '85, Executive Vice President of Pennsylvania Medical Society and Executive Director of the Foundation of the Pennsylvania Medical Society
40% international students
Honors and AP add
Advanced placement courses:Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Chinese Language and Culture, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, European History, French Language and Culture, Macroeconomics, Physics 1: Algebra based, Psychology, Spanish Language and Culture, Spanish Literature and Culture, Statistics, Studio Art: 2-D Design, Studio Art: 3-D Design, US History, World History
Honors courses are offered at every grade level and in every subject except French, Spanish, and Chinese.
AP: 19 Courses
Additional advanced courses include: Linear Algebra, Multi-variable Calculus and Differential Equations.
Marking system & graduation requirements add
Linden Hall utilizes the standard grading system: A=90-100; B=80-89; C=70-79; D=60-69; F=0-59. Grades are issued on a quarterly basis with parents receiving formal grade reports at the end of each quarter.
The minimum requirements for grades 9-12 are as follows:
- English - 4 credits (1 year of English beyond ESL coursework)
- Mathematics - 4 credits (through Algebra 2; one course each year)
- Science - 3 credits (Chemistry, Biology)
- History/Social Studies - 3 credits (US History or American Government & Culture)
- World Languages - 2 credits
- Physical Education - 2 credits
- Arts - 2 credit
Additional graduation requirements include annual summer reading, community service, and the completion of a senior speech.
Special programs, programs of study... add
Comprehensive and rigorous college preparatory curriculum. Courses not offered on campus are available online through OneSchoolhouse, supervised by the Assistant Head of School for Academics.
SAT ScoresAverage SAT score: 1350 (1600)
AccreditationLinden Hall is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- Field Hockey
- Swimming and Diving
- Track and Field
Linden Hall’s 49-acre campus on Main Street in Lititz allows students to walk into the village and enjoy restaurants and shops. The Evita M. Allen Center for Academic Excellence includes a multimedia center, flexible classrooms and collaborative learning areas with large group lecture space. The Evita M. Allen Center is at the heart of the campus connecting the Steinman Art Center and Tsuzuki Science Center to the dormitories and dining facilities; the Chapel and Snavely Theatre. The campus contains a large equestrian center with 20 stall stable, well lit outdoor areas as well as a beautiful 80' x 200' indoor riding areas with viewing deck. School owned horses are available for all levels of riding. The Anne Brossman Sweigart Sports and Fitness Center contains a contemporary dance studio and fully equipped fitness room.
- Dance Club
- Hand Bell Choir
- International Club
- Math Team
- Model United Nations
- National Honor Society
- Student Council
- Tech Club
$4,000 ESL (depending on level)
$1,000 International Student Fee
$2,000 Student Account
$1,073 Health Insurance